Pages

venerdì 31 ottobre 2014

On the slopes of the Campidoglio

Roman spiritual walks with Benedetta. Get in touch: bennidv@alice.it
On the slopes of the Campidoglio, where the glorious temple of Jove used to stand in all its might and beauty, one can still find, walking on the winding drives of the Via del Monte Caprino, the ancient flare of the holy Lupercal where the twins were nourished  by the she wolf (Acca Larentia). Down below,  on the busy Via Petroselli, the furious turmoil of the never ending flow of cars coming and going in the nonsense of everyday life. Up there, the cosmos of beauty and perfection, in the sweet chanting of birds, while the wind, graciously, rustles branches and leaves, and one might catch a glimpse of the ancient nimphs and satyrs that used to live here in days forgotten by the crowds. In the glow of autumn, the sacred mother earth seems ready for her annual sleep to come to life again in spring, full of colors in never ending glory...

I was there, yesterday, and all alone, in the sweet company of birds and groves, cleaning up the gardens from modern litter, and bottles and packets of cigarettes and all the trash of these unholy days. I was cleaning up, I say, and all of a sudden I was not alone any more. I felt, and saw, with my third eye wide open, the ancient luperci priests running, dressed as wolves, and beating up, with goat skins, young women in order to make them conceive. No doctors could have been more effective than those luperci waking up, in nature, sleeping wombs… The vision finished, back to work, hands in green gloves. All of a sudden, a man springs out from nowhere: “Please, can I throw away my bottle?”. Ok, I answered and before I could say more, the bottle popped inside and he gone.  

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento